“If the bee disappeared off the surface of the globe, then man would have only four years of life left. No more bees, no more pollination, no more plants, no more animals, no more man.” – Albert Einstein
IF YOU’RE IN A HURRY, READ THIS FIRST: WeBuzz is the only digital platform that puts money directly into your PayPal account for the product, service or event that you sell. If you find this intriguing, read on…
The humble bumble bee. From the Andrews Sisters (singing “bizzy as a bzzzz-bee”) to Generation Z (the Greta Thunbergs of the world who are helping us end our addiction to plastic), bees have seduced our imagination. Think of Maya.
But Einstein never said this about bees. And it’s also not true. In fact, research suggests that only about a third of the food we eat is pollinated by insects.
So what’s the buzz about, if it’s not true?
Here’s the answer: it is generally believed that the bee industry created this hyperbolic narrative in the 1990s (Einstein died in 1955 and had no interest in bees, it seems), to extol the virtues of the bee and honey industries.
In marketing, we call this “good PR”: create a BUZZ about something, and get people talking…
Why? Because word-of-mouth was, is, and probably always will be, the most powerful form of marketing. Buzz is the start of every viral trend on TikTok, YouTube, Twitter, or wherever. When you need a plumber or an electrician, you’d rather get the buzz from your next-door-neighbour than from the Yellow Pages or a Google search. Granny’s to-die-for vanilla biscuit recipe has been handed down through the generations by word-of-mouth. The nursery rhyme that we all know as “a traditional song” never saw life on a piece of sheet music, but was simply sung by the kids in the playground.
WeBuzz is the contemporary version of that, because as the old saying goes, the more things change, the more they stay the same. For tens of thousands of years, human nature hasn’t changed all that much. Even the most introverted human still needs to connect with another human, which makes us all social, and we all need a bit of a buzz. Most of us desire to be in a relationship. We all want food in our stomachs, we all want a roof over our heads.
But how do we do this?
Like the bee, most of us work. We (hopefully) find a meaningful pursuit, and in between family and life, we build something that will pay us a salary, so we can eat, pray, love, just like the movie.
All of the above is especially true if we run our own small business. We have a desire to share our dream with the world and make money doing so, just like Bezos and Buffett.
Imagine you had a platform that added a dash of Facebook to a pinch of LinkedIn, a quart of Shopify and an ounce of Google Calendar. Mix it up and make it nice, pop goes the WeBuzz.
If you’re a solopreneur or small business owner, then you may well be sitting with the marketing conundrum that most businesses are stuck with:
- How do I create a fabulous product, service, idea or event that people want or need?
- How do I tell people that I have it?
- How do I get paid for it directly off a community site?
In short, if your business has any legs (and we believe it does), then you have already created something that solves a problem for another human or group of humans.
Alas, though, none of us is telepathic, so we still have to tell people that we have it.
WeBuzz creates a platform that allows you to do this, using the 3 comms: community, commerce, communication.
Here are 5 quick benefits:
- WeBuzz offers you the platform to create a BUZZ about your business.
- Our marketing team is constantly looking for ways to improve findability of our website on search engines. If your business is listed, that means you’re more findable.
- WeBuzz can help educate you further.
- Whether you barely finished primary school or you’re a PhD, you can’t know everything. Enter the hive mind to draw on the wisdom of crowds, the wisdom of the collective, find your niche, connect with your club, own your tribe. And learn from others.
- WeBuzz connects you to others:
- Whether you’re the world’s greatest socialite or a keep-to-yourself introvert, we all need a little human company now and then. People on WeBuzz exude the same ethos as you: they want to share their business creation with the world.
- WeBuzz is e-commerce enabled – so no 3rd party between your service/event and your bank account:
- This is the only global platform that connects your customer directly to your service store. The money your clients pay goes straight to your PayPal account – no additional commissions or percentages (please keep in mind that PayPal and your bank may still charge fees, but WeBuzz will not).
- WeBuzz is designed to save you time:
- It’s a more important commodity than money these days. Who has time for 23 social media profiles? But you always have 5 minutes for one. As we grow, so do you.
There are almost 8 billion humans on the planet. From beekeeping to bookkeeping, if just 1,000 of them spent just $10 with you every month, your business would fly like a buzzing bee.
The team at the hive.